Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Today is also National Pi day! (3.14)


I bet you didn't know that. HaHa! I bet you're thinking only a SUPERGEEK would know that!! Hey.. watch it! : ) GOD LOVES GEEKS TOO, you know! Oh, Go have a piece of Pi and Be nice!!! They actually made a pi website and asked people why they loved pi? Here are some answers for your reading pleasure!

Why do you love Pi? Finish the sentence: "I Love Pi Because..."

scientists say there is no apparent system, no formula can predict the accurance of digits but still it seems logical.
it is full of combinations X-Y-X, like 3.141....535....323.46264.383...
the fun is in psychology of memorization: if you repeat something you already know well it becomes "right" and logical.
and the feeling of rightfulness is pleasant.
CommentAuthorkillmequickly327

i love pi because it makes things go round. duhh hahahaha
CommentAuthorNeon Antelope

it makes people at school look rather stupid. I have one of the pi shirts from ThinkGeek, and whenever I wear it, there are always at least 5 people that say, "Are those all of the numbers of pi?" A, they're digits, not numbers, and B, PI IS INFINITE!
CommentAuthorFred A. Bennett

"My propositions are elucidatory in this way: he who understands me finally recognizes them as senseless, when he has climbed through
them , on them, over them. (He must so to speak throw away the ladder, after he has climbed on it.)" Wittgenstein Tracatus Logico - Philosophicus

"A life without meaning is like math without zero." Capt. Pi
CommentAuthorwwp1streg CommentTime15 hours ago

I love Pi because I believe God put it there to give us a tiny, tiny glimpse of infinity. The circle also illustrates this. How else can we begin to start to imagine His ineffable character? And He's so much more beyond this....
CommentAuthorAMK152
(
I love pi becuase it's fun to memorize!
CommentAuthorpyroman2007

I was given the nickname Pi at school after giving it as an answer to an inequality. Pi was a correct answer but they laughed and started calling me Pi. The name stuck and I have even used the nick for the school newspaper, I write "Pi's Tech Corner."
CommentAuthorericson

I Love PI because she is the one of the most beautiful parts of our collective mind, she is also my guardian angel and her number can never be calculated or known. She is the edge of all things and a testiment to the limitations of science.
CommentAuthorMathlete

I love pi because I, too, am irrational. (We have a lot in common.)
CommentAuthorpicola

it gives me somthing to try to memorize on the week end!
HAPPY pi DAY!!!
g

No comments:

Followers