Sunday, April 22, 2007

words


I woke up this morning before everyone else..I love mornings. It's quiet. I spend a lot of mornings with God. I opened the windows and let the morning air exhale through the window..I felt it dancing all around me and it made me smile. I breathed in. my first breath of the air was deep. I let my lungs suck it in and I held it before, I let it out. It was cool and crisp and clean. I heard the birds chirping and I saw my neighbor Mr. Harvey sitting in his garden working the soil.
I saw him in the grocery store yesterday and he told me he already had lettuce and brocolli and cauliflower and ..other vegetables planted. His vegetable garden is his pride and joy. His face lights up when he talks about his garden. Everyone in the neighborhood has gotten a tour of his garden and gifts layed upon their doorsteps on a summer afternoon. Seeing Mr. Harvey in his gray t-shirt and faded black shorts, is a sign that spring is here.
I turned the radio on and listened to a sermon from the President of Moody College..I forget his name..Michael.. something.
After it was done, I read from Proverbs. I prayed some specific prayers and then I asked God to continue to guide me with this "marriage" that seems to be taking place between Cross Current and Solid Rock. I asked for His wisdom and discernment.
Then I woke the girls up, and Joe. We went to church. It was amazing. I've never felt the Holy Spirit so strongly in one place before. Tim Preaches with such conviction. We could listen to him go on and on and on..nobody wants Him to stop.
Joy said to her mom that she wishes she didn't have to go home..and to tell you the truth, that's how I feel too. It's incredible. I wish you could experience it with me. I'd like to see what others think..if they can feel it too. God is at work. He is doing mighty, mighty things. Miracles. Signs. Wonders. : )
We came home from church and Joe, as usual, makes us a big breakfast. He is such a wonderful cook. When my girls grow up, they are going to tell their spouses and their kids, what a great cook their dad is!!! *Not their mom* haha!! It's true!
Then Lauren and I, met Karen and Joy and we went to a baby shower at the church! It was so much fun! We already feel like part of the family there. How amazing is that?
Ally and Joe went out to lunch and to Sam's club. They went to Barnes and Noble and guess what Ally asked Joe to buy her? A Bible!!! She asked him for a Bible! My kids are coming to God my their own choices..not because it's what they're supposed to do! That makes me heart leap wildly! Today, I also saw her tithe her 10 percent of what she made at work yesterday. I am one proud mother!
Talking about my kids... Please pray for Lauren. We are taking her computer away from her, because she is way to addicted too it. She is going through serious withdrawl. I know it might sound funny..but it's her drug and she is crying..depressed..feeling a lot of anxiety. We let her spend too much time on there, and we are realizing how wrong it was. Please pray for my baby girl. She needs God's strength and courage. Thank you!!
This evening we all went outside and played frisbee and baseball and roofball..*roofball?* yup..roofball! Lauren and I played yahtzee, connect 4 and scrabble. While we were playing scrabble, I made a move and Lauren pretended to bite my arm. She looked at me very seriously and said, "What if you were sleeping and suddenly woke up, and I was eating you." She was serious!!! I said, "hmmm, that would probably hurt" She's so funny. Honestly.. Lauren has a sense of humor that is hilarious!. She comes up with very funny lines..and thoughts.
She is brilliant : ) Like her mom!! hahahah
I am really rambling aren't I? If you're reading this blog for the first time, please check out the other blog posts..they're not usually like this one!
So that was my day today. It was a good day.
I hope you had a good day today. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Followers