Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Great book!

This is a fantastic book I've recently read. It causes you to think differently..I like books that make you think differently!


DIFFERENT FATHERS-DIFFERENT IDEAS ABOUT MONEY

My highly educated dad had a strong belief that the love of money was evil. That to profit excessively meant you were greedy. He felt embarrassed when the newspapers published how much he made, because he felt he was too highly paid when compared with the schoolteachers who worked for him. He was a good, honest, hard working man who did his best to defend his point of view that money was not important to his life.

My highly educated, yet poor, dad constantly said,

"I'm not that interested in money."

"I'll never be rich."

"I can't afford it."

"Investing is risky."

"Money isn't everything."

MONEY SUPPORTS LIFE

My rich dad had a different point of view. He thought it foolish to spend your life working for money and to pretend that money was not important. Rich dad believed that life was more important than money, but money was important for supporting life. He often said, "You only have so many hours in a day and you can only work so hard. So why work hard for money? Learn to have money and people work hard for you, and you can be free to do the things that are important."

To my rich dad, what was important was:

1. Having lots of time to raise his kids.

2. Having money to donate to charities and projects he supported.

3. Bringing jobs and financial stability to the community.

4. Having time and money to take care of his health.

5. Being able to travel the world with his family.

"Those things take money," said rich dad. "That is why money is important to me. Money is important, but I don't want to spend my life working for it."

No comments:

Followers