Friday, April 20, 2007

Cathy Jones



Cathy has been doing "art" since she was a child. For over twenty years she has experimented in various mediums, primarily concentrating on two dimensional fiber/steel/mixed media. She also continued to draw and cartoon during that time.

Experimentation in mats and framing led to a small home based business in the MidWest. Cathy has created many unique and creative frames and mats for customers and family.
Cathy received her undergraduate degree from Slippery Rock University in 1982, majoring in both psychology and art. She went on to receive her masters in art at the University of Notre Dame in 1985. She has since furthered her education with a business background, passing the CPA exam in 1996.

I had lunch today with Cathy ! That's her in the pic up there and also that's her biography taken from her webpage! Cathy is a new friend that God brought into my life. She is a friend that is postive, inspirational and motivational! She lifts me up! She inspires me! She teaches me new ways of thinking! Check out Cathy's web site!
www.wideeyefish.com You should see the jewelry she makes!!

I'm sitting here trying to think of a good word I can use to desribe her and all I can think of is incredible, but I already used that! So I went to my online thesaurus and looked up a synonym for incredible and this is what came up:
amazing, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, extraordinary, fab, fabulous, fantasmo, far-out, glorious, great, prodigious, superhuman*, unreal*, wonderful!! Cathy, except for superhuman (maybe you are and I just don't recognize it yet?? haha!!!)but all of these words can describe you!! You are awe-inspiring and wonderful and you know you are fantasmo and far-out!!!hahah!!! I can't wait to get to know you even more! I have a feeling we are going to have lots of fun together in the future!!!!!
(Cathy and I are going to go and check out the museums in Pittsburgh including the Warhol museum and the Mattress Factory!!!!!) I am beyond excited!! I love art but I've just never had anyone in my life that likes it too!! So this is a whole new kind of friendship for me! I've been telling God that I need more fun in my life, and I think maybe through Cathy, I'm going to learn to have some more fun!! Cathy might come to our Sunday night girls group too! Also..I keep thinking, wow..I'd love Lauren to get to know Cathy. Cathy teaches both art and creative writing at Butler Community College. I am going to take her class next fall!
Cathy taught me how to make morning papers...to just write...write anything..because writing gets the creative juices flowing..and she's right!
Thanks for the time you spent with me today Cathy! I can't wait to get together again! : ) Susan

No comments:

Followers