Friday, April 20, 2007

Jesus's Mom was So smart!

Another great post by Perry Noble! PLEASE READ THIS! Don't just read it..BELIEVE IT.. DO IT!! It's true, I promise you it's true! Do you ever wonder why I'm so happy? Somebody once told me that I hide all the pain in my life by being extra happy.. and for a little while I thought it was true..and maybe I do hide pain..I try not to think about negative or hurtful things..BUT, I AM FILLED With incredible JOY! I can't contain it!! I'm bursting with love and happiness. I can't wait to wake up each morning to live another day!! What's God going to do today??? It's so exciting!! I've said this before..it's not that everything in my life is perfect...I have my troubles too, but it's different when you are surrendered to God. You know that God is going to be there for you no matter what...and ..I wish I could explain it better. The greatest thing ever..it's not a secret!!! YOU can have this kind of happiness too!!! Accept Christ into your heart...that's the first step. But you've got to realize ..That's important..accepting Him into your heart, but that's just the first step!! Now once you've asked HIm to forgive you for all the sinning you've done (believe me I had lots!!!!..and I continue to sin...like I said my life is not perfect and I am far from perfect!! I mess up constantly!)
Then you've got so start conversting with God..realizing that praying is not just asking Him for things..or saying memorized prayer..it's talking to God..he hears you when you talk to him and Guess what?? He talks back to you!! You have to learn to listen for his voice and the voice of the Holy Spirit inside of you, and you have to read the Bible too!! That's really important. I would recommend the New Living Translation life application study Bible! It's a regular Bible, written in words that you can understand, (no thee's and thou's) and the life application part...shows you what God's words mean for your life...how to apply them to your life! Then you've got to start going to church..because church is a place where you are love and accepted, and you are around people who will support you, learn with you, love with you and a whole lot more.. You've got to keep learning..keep surrendering your heart to God..keep being obedient to Him.. LIke Perry says.. JUST DO WHAT HE SAYS!! Don't analyze things too much..don't feel that need to have to know all the answers... Just do what He says! : ) I love you so much.. YOU, who is reading this.. I LOVE YOU!! Have an awesome day!! Make it great!!
Jesus’ Mom Was So Smart
Yesterday I was preparing a message for May 20th…and in doing so began reading in John chapter two when Jesus changed the water into wine. (Popular miracle with some…not so much with others.)

Anyway, if you’ve read the story then you understand…Jesus and His disciples are hanging out at a wedding (so much for Him being boring) and the celebration is going great…until…they run out of wine. Now in this culture and time period…this is BAD, REALLY BAD…and Jesus’ mom comes to Him and asks Him to help out.

Some servants are evidently standing near Jesus and she turns and looks at them and says one of THE single most profound statements in Scripture…

“His mother said to the servants, ‘Do whatever He tells you.’” (John 2:5)

STOP for a minute! She didn’t say, “Oh wow, we have a problem–hey servants, SIT here and sing songs to Jesus for an hour, if that doesn’t work then use the prayer of Jabez to try and manipulate Him, and then if that isn’t doing the trick then here are some verses I heard from a TV preacher that will unlock the secrets of blessing…”

Nope…she said DO–WHATEVER–HE–TELLS–YOU! In other words–He’s going to tell you what to do and then you are going to need to take action. Yes, He is capable of handing the situation…but He is going to handle it through your willingness to obey Him and take a risk!

One of the greatest tragedies in Christianity today is that too many Christians are sitting around “waiting on God,” when in actuality they are using excuses such as, “Well, I’m praying about it,” and, “I don’t want to get ahead of God.” What I have discovered is that MOST of the time these are excuses for laziness, fear and a lack of faith.

Christians DO NOT need another Bible study…another book…another seminar…most of us need to simply just do what we know we should do…that desire inside of us that we know is from Him!

Bottom line–do whatever He tells you.

Is there an area in your life that you need to do whatever He tells you to do…maybe…

You need to forgive someone
You need to have that tough conversation
You need to begin to worship God with your money
You need to invite that person to church
You need to start a church
You need to give something away
You need to admit your addiction
You need to spend more time with your family
Do whatever He tells you!

Many times it is not that we don’t know what to do–its just that we don’t want to do what we know we should!

I wrestle with this just as much as anyone else. There are times when I feel the Lord speak straight to my heart…and I argue, rebel…and even at times try to bargain with Him…but life is so much better when I just do whatever he tells me to do.

Uh, speaking of things getting better…once the servants obeyed Jesus…things got a lot better at the wedding. Jesus never screws anything up–EVER!

No comments:

Followers