Thursday, May 31, 2007

Pain..Pain..Go away...

So.. the saga continues.
I went to the dentist on Tuesday, but before I could see dr. Snow, I had to leave. I got sick and felt as though I was going to pass out. They told me I could come back the next day. : (
Wednesday was my appointment with Dr. Callaghan (the ears nose and throat doctor). My appt. was at 10:30 am. I arrived at his office around 10:15, knowing that I'd have to fill out some papers. I didn't get seen until 12:00 pm. My exam took about 1/2 hour. He couldn't see anything irregular, except my right tonsil was swollen.
So he had me go get an cat scan on my sinus cavities. I went and got that done and came back to his office. He examined the results, and still could not find anything. waaaaaaaaaaah! He ordered a brain scan, which I will have done on Friday. I didn't leave his office until 2:15 pm!! That was a long dr.'s appt.!!
So Dr. Callaghan believes what I have is called TMJ. You can read about what TMJ is here.tmj
He said I have a severe case of it. He gave me lots of meds to try to control the pain, and also some exersizes for my jaw. I'm not convinced that is what I have..it still feels like a tooth problem..but we will see. I will call Dr. Snow (my dentist) and see what he thinks! Please continue to pray..

No comments:

Followers