Saturday, May 05, 2007

8:00 am @ the food pantry!


I got up at 7:30 this morning. I woke up praying. As a matter of fact I woke up several times last night, praying and praising God. I have so much excitement in my heart. Our church, Solid Rock, has a food pantry every first Saturday in each month. Since our church plant is partnering with Solid Rock to form one great church, I wanted to see how the food pantry works, and I wanted to help out. Wow. I'm so impressed. Solid Rock reaches out.. About 150 people come through the doors and get bags and bags of food to help them out for the month. I loved smiling and showing these people who come through the doors respect and dignity and the love of Jesus Christ! I want Jesus's love to come through me, to love people!
I love people : ) I love my new friends at Solid Rock. I love their hearts and their willingness to help our community! If anyone's interested in volunteering a few hours of their time one Saturday a month we could sure use some help!! It's very easy..just putting food in bags and some need to help carry bags for people to their cars.. and it's very rewarding! We can sure use your help!!! Just email me www.netgirly@yahoo.com and let me know if you'd like more info! Help is needed from 8 am until around 11:30 am, first Saturday of each month!

No comments:

Followers