Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Catching up...


This weekend Joe and the girls and I went to my mom's house and cleaned and weeded her landscaping, cleaned her patio and cleaned and set up her patio furniture..it was an early mother's day present. It was wonderful working together as a family! We were a team..one weeded, the other raked, one washed, the other dried etc... I truly love being with my family. I love when we accomplish something together as a team. I always tell my girls this.. imagine holding a stick in your two hands..how easy would it be for someone to snap that stick in half and break it.. that's what it's like when you stand alone..but imagine a bunch of sticks all together, try breaking those..it's too difficult! That's what it's like being a part of a family and sticking together..you're much stronger!!
Not only was it great working together as a family, but the joy that it brought to my mom was awesome!! She was so grateful..so grateful that it made me feel sad. I wish I could do more for her. She shouldn't have to feel so grateful..it should be part of being a family..we help each other. She should expect it from us.
Life gets so busy..there's many important things that need to get done..I'm a semi-working mom, a church planter..a volunteer, a restaurant owner etc... but I also want to be a good daughter. I know I can't do everything..I can't be everything to everyone..but I want to do the best I can. Am I doing the best I can? That's what each of us have to ask ourselves. Are we being the best daughter, wife, mother, husband, son, that we can? Why or why not? Lord show us how to be better!
Lord, help me to be the best wife, mother, daughter, boss, co-worker, leader, that I can be. Help me to love others unconditionally. Help me to forgive those that need to be forgiven, even those who don't think they need to be forgiven. Help me to love ..even those that seem unloveable! Help others to forgive me, even if I don't think I need forgiven, help others to love me, even if I am unloveable at times!! Lord, help me be more like YOU! Jesus, I love you so much..mere words aren't enough to describe the gratitude I feel for loving me..the grace that you show me, the forgiveness that you've given to me, and the mercy that you allow me! Jesus..Thank you! I love you!!
Today, I took my mom to get her car inspected, then we went and had breakfast and bought some flowers. IT WAS AWESOME!!! I LOVED SPENDING TIME WITH MY MOM TODAY!!!
Mom, thank you for the beautiful flowers and for breakfast!! I love you mom!!
Susan

No comments:

Followers