Saturday, May 12, 2007

A connector..


Lunch yesterday with Janyse was wonderful. Janyse is definitely a connector. Do you know what a connector is?
Connectors are people in a community who know large numbers of people and who are in the habit of making introductions. A connector is essentially the social equivalent of a computer network hub. Connectors usually know people across an array of social, planes, cultural, professional, and economic circles, and make a habit of introducing people who work or live in different circles. Although connectors are rare -- only one in several thousand people might be thought of as a true connector -- they are, like mavens and salesmen, very important in the healthy function of civil society and business. Connectors are also important in trendsetting.
Author Malcolm Gladwell popularized the term connector in his 2000 book The Tipping Point.
I am almost finished reading "The Tipping Point"! It's a great book! I highly recommend it!
Back to Janyse. Janyse provided a wealth of information for me yesterday. She had some excellent advice in many different areas of my life..from church planting..to leadership..to speaking in tongues..to a possible job for me..to parenting!!
She made phone calls to get me info on a future worship pastor..she gave me websites to go to..she invited me to join a circle of leaders that she meets with once a month..she gave me a lead on a job (said I'd make a good salesperson, and can work from home!). haha!! All that in one lunch! Can you see why I like meeting with Janyse? : )
Everybody needs mentors! They are like life teachers! I've been so blessed to have several in my life.
God is number 1 of course. The Bible is my instruction manual for life!
Janyse asked for prayer. She's trying to sell her house, and then she's moving to Akron. So please pray for Janyse!
Today, Saturday, I'm going to spend with my girls! We are going to do laundry and clean our house, and then we're going to take some Strawberry pies to my mom, and just hang out together. I love when I get to spend the day with my girls. I have to work tommorow, on mother's day ..so today we're going to celebrate our mother/daughter relationship! I hope you have a wonderful day today. Whoever you are/wherever you are, I pray that God brings blessings into your life!

No comments:

Followers