Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mother's day books!





For mother's day Joe and the girls got me an Amazon.com gift certificate! I love to read. I love books! I love the feel of the new crisp clean pages..I love the smell of a new book!! I love to hold them in my hands and feel the smooth covers and turn the pages..
When I was young, books were my escape! No matter how tough life was, I could step inside other worlds, make friends, visit new places, experience a different life.. I dreamt I was one of the boxcar children, living on my own..or stuck in the museum with Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler..I was Rebecca of sunnybrook farm and I fell in love with Heidi ..I solved mysteries with Encyclopedia Brown..then Sherlock Holmes! I loved/love SHERLOCK HOLMES!! I also fell in love with poetry..Wordsworth..and Shelly, and Lord Byron..and my favorite, Edgar Allen Poe..

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

The Telltale heart..and other short stories.. Oh how I loved reading..and still do!!
Now most of the books (besides the Bible..I tried to read scripture every day)..are church planting books, or Christian Life books, and lately I've been pouring through marketing and business books.. I am fascinated with learning new things!!

So..the girls and Joe got me an amazon.com gift certificate and here is what I bought!

a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh_BdRU8Al1buhyMBHJjL_bqr1awhuGsE2ymUPBzwcO8kfUIIg5RoqfBN-0VIW_nujOiflYxS6S6KBf-i78M9Tc_wstoRD7vfaUQNmqLBZJ1_ZVIIrKBoo02FXDnWXLMkeBtX8H/s1600-h/ch.jpg">










Those are my choices!! Now, I can hardly wait until they come!!!!!

No comments:

Followers