Monday, June 18, 2007

Raymond O. Short



This is a picture of my dad. This picture of my dad is a very rare one, because my dad did not often smile, like he is smiling in this picture. He smiled..and he laughed.. but there's something about this picture.. His whole face is lit up!
We found this picture of my dad in a box..none of us kids had ever seen it before. We felt like it was a gift from God, to find it, because of the beautiful expression on my dad's face. I have this picture sitting on my corner cupboard, right next to our dining room table. It's in a frame that has a Scripture verse on it that says, "Behold, I am going to send an angel before you to guard you along the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared" Ex 23:20
I miss my dad. I miss his wisdom and advice. I miss his laughter. I miss watching him enjoy my mom's cooking so much. I miss the way his lips felt when you kissed him..his moustache tickling your lip. I can still feel his kiss.. I miss seeing him laying on the couch..I miss his songs....I miss going shopping with him..How he loved to find a great parking spot..and then he'd sit in the middle of the mall..eating a snack..talking to anyone that would talk with him!! haha! I miss the way he listened to me. I miss how he'd pick at his eyebrow while he was listening.... I miss the way that he was proud of me. One of my most prized possessions is the last Christmas card he gave me..he wrote "I'm so proud of my CHristian daughter".. I miss talking to him so much. Most of all... I miss his love. When my dad dies..it was one less person in the world to love me..
I miss YOU Dad..and I love you!! Happy Fathers day..I know you are sharing this day with your father and OUR heavenly Father! Susie

No comments:

Followers