Friday, June 08, 2007

Blood Diamonds & Notes on a Scandal.



Two very good films I watched this weekend. Both featured INCREDIBLE acting! Notes on a Scandal was a good story..very creepy.
Blood Diamonds was another movie that inspired me. The title refers to blood diamonds, which are diamonds mined in war zones and sold to finance the conflicts.
Set in the Sierra Leone Civil War in 1999, the film shows a country torn apart by the struggle between government soldiers and rebel forces. The film portrays many of the atrocities including rebels cutting off people's hands to stop them from voting in upcoming elections.
There's a world around us, that we can't even imagine living in. We are so spoiled. We have no idea...

This reminds me of my dr.'s appt. that I had last week. For my upcoming gastric bypass surgery, I had to have tests done on my lungs, to make sure I could handle the anestesia I will have to have. The pulminary doctor was a young man (early forties) from Hungary. We were talking about being obese, and he said, "I can see why many Americans are obese. There's an abundance of food available. If you'd be put in a situation like being on a deserted island, or in a country where food is not so abundant and available, you would not be obese." So True I always blame my weight problem on fat genes inherited from my parents, and definitely metabolism or fat genes are one of the contributing factors, but definitely, gluttony, which I can only blame myself for, is the sin that I struggle most with! Once again.. We are so spoiled..We have no idea...

blood Diamonds

No comments:

Followers