Monday, June 18, 2007

FATHER'S DAY @ PNC PARK!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY JOE!
We had such a wonderful day yesterday celebrating Father's day! We started the day off, by sleeping in! HA! That may sound funny, but Joe and I rarely ever get to sleep until we feel like waking up!! Today we got to sleep in! I woke up a little earlier then everyone else, because I wanted to get some errands done before we left for the game. So about 9:30 am I got up, showered, went to buy some snacks for the game, clean my car out, fill it up with gas and then came home to wake everyone else up! We got on the road about 11:30! After a stop at Dunkin Donuts (OF COURSE!!)We headed to Pittsburgh to see the Pirates play the White Sox! It was a beautiful Sunny Day! We put some U2 in the cd player, turned on the air conditioner, and enjoyed the ride to the park. One of my favorite sites ever, is rounding that bend on 279 and seeing the city of Pittsburgh!
We got to the park about 12:30, found a good parking spot, and headed to PNC Park!
We bought tickets in left field (I don't think it's possible to get a bad seat at PNC Park!!) and sat down to enjoy the game.


It was a great game!! There were so many hits which made it very exciting to watch! My one complaint was that it was so HOT! Other than that.. Great game! Pirates won 8-7! Joe said it was the best game he'd ever been too! WOOHOOOOO!!!!
After the game was over, we stopped at our favorite picture spots and took some Pics! This first one is Joe's hero Honus Wagner!

It's also his alter ego! This pic shows him in his Honus Pirate Jersey looking up at his Hero!

THe next pic is in front of Willie Stargell! It was supposed to be a pic of the whole family, but the lady taking the picture cut Lauren off! : (

And here's the HOUGELMAN BRICK, which is right next to the Willie Stargell Statue!

After the game, we came home and stopped at the new McDonald's in Shenango Twp. We weren't so impressed! It's pretty!
Very modernized, but we thought it had new technology...touch screen computers etc.. haha!! It was nice but nothing to make me drive out of my way to eat there!
When we got home, we all played a little Guitar Hero, I did some laundry and then crashed!! Ahhhh, it was a nice family day! We hadn't had one in a while. I hope you all had a good Father's Day!!!

No comments:

Followers