Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008



Hello friends! Happy Monday! I hope you had a fantastic Easter! If there was just one word I could use to describe our Easter this year it would be BEAUTIFUL. Let me tell you about our day and then I will post pictures. We were going to go to Maryland to spend Easter with my sisters, but because I had not enough waitresses to work at my restaurant, I had to work a full day on Saturday. By the time we finished working it would have been too late to travel.
We were all disappointed, because my girls LOVE seeing their cousins and I always love visiting with my sisters. I miss them so much. But ..what is the saying..when life gives you lemons..make lemonade!!?? Something like that... So that is what we did! I knew it would be just my immediate family, and this would be the first time that we ever stayed home for Easter, so I wanted to make it special.
Since we don't have a church home, we decided to make our own church service and have communion. So I woke up early Easter Morning, turned on my favorite Christian radio station, and began to make a HUGE breakfast! I received the BEST Easter gift that morning! My oldest daughter Ally woke up, and came downstairs and began to make breakfast with me. She set the table and in her Ally way..she made it the most beautiful, fanciest table! She helped me cut peppers and onions for the potatoes, she helped me scramble the eggs, she helped me make homemade blueberry muffins...She stood right along side of me, the entire morning, listening to music, celebrating God's love, learning how to be a wife and mother, loving me, and loving her family. I can't even explain it in words, the way it felt to have her beside me. It was one of those "moments". Do you know what I mean? While it was happening, I knew that I would remember this time forever. As I said in the beginning of this post, it was "BEAUTIFUL".
You see, We've always spent holidays with my family, and I've always been spoiled to have my mom and mother in law do most of the cooking for us, so It hasn't been until recently that I've been responsible for cooking a Holiday Family meal. I think this was the first Easter that I've ever "Made" for my family!! I LOVED IT!! I love cooking for other people! I can't believe that I'm saying it, but it's true! I love hostessing and I love serving, and making everything special for others. I get this from my mom! She always made our holidays so special! She made our Christmas's and Easter's. She always set the most beautiful tables, and had the most delicious foods...and guess what? I take after her! I LOVE doing this for my family also! It's a LOVE thing, isn't it? I never knew...I never realized until this year..how BEAUTIFUL it was.
So Ally and I spent the morning being "women" together..loving our family and each other. Oh mom..if you're reading this..Thank-you..Thank you for teaching me how to be a wonderful mother this way!!! I appreciate all you've done for us to make our holiday's so wonderful, and for teaching us how to do this! (I know ..after 42 years of life..it's about time!!!)
We made blueberry muffins, bagels, fried potatoes, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh orange juice, coffee, and sassafrass tea! Here are some pictures!


So We woke Joe and Lauren up and had communion together and talked about the Easter story and then ate breafast together. After breakfast, the girls asked me to hide an easter egg, to find, before they could open their baskets, so Joe and I each hid a little chocolate bunny. It took less than a minute for the girls to find them (MOM..we're 14 & 16!!!) heheeh (That's what Lauren said..but she's the one that asked me to hide them!) And they got their Easter Baskets from Joe and I, and from Emily! Every Holiday, Emily treats my girls as if she were her grandchildren and makes them the most wonderful holiday surprises! She makes us a beautiful lamb cake (You can see it on the pictures of the table and her 91 year old mom makes the most Incredible Easter Bread and gives the girls an Easter Basket that is not only beautiful but FILLED with candy and gifts!! My girls always look forward to Emily's special treats! I love it because, it's someone else to love my girls. Emily, if you're reading this I appreciate YOU so much..for all the love you give to us!! We are unworthy of all the love you show us! Your kindness will always, ALWAYS be remembered by my family!!
After breakfast Lauren and Joe cleaned up, and then we had a game tournament. Joe bought 10 lottery cards and whoever won the game, got to scratch off a ticket. We played so many different games. We laughed til I wet my pants..and yes, I really did during one of the competitions..and had sooo much fun!! We truly spent the WHOLE day together laughing and having fun. Then we all took a nap, and it was time to make our Easter dinner!
We made Ham, Scallopped potatoes, sweet potato casserole, fresh green beans, carrots, rolls and butter, and for dessert we had lamb cake and blackberry cobbler with ice cream!! YUMMMMMMM!!! It was perfect! We all cleaned up and came and snuggled in our bed and watched a movie together! *Sigh* It couldn't have been a better Day. I am grateful! I am so grateful for my family and for Jesus Christ, who has made life possible for us. Jesus, the love you pour into my heart is so immense that it spills right out of me and overflows onto my family! We love you so much and are thankful! I hope you know Jesus's love too. Susan

No comments:

Followers