Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Underground







About three years ago, God called me to give more of my life, than I was giving to him. I was a Christian..I believed that Jesus died for my sins, and I asked that He would forgive me. I went to church on Sunday. I read my Bible...occassionally..well...rarely..and I prayed every night before I went to bed. But that wasn't good enough. God wanted ALL of me. Not just SUNDAY MORNING ME or NIGHT TIME me. He wanted me to live for him 24/7. I fought Him. I didn't want to give up watching Sex and the City and the Sopranos..I wanted sin in my life. I honestly did. But he fought back. He needed me. He was going to use me and I needed to be pure for Him. So, after a two week, crying on the floor, battling with God, He won.
Soon after, he began pouring vision into me. One of the first things God told me to do was read His word, the Bible. Not just to read it..but study it, starting with the Old Testament. So I did. It took me a little over a year. I studied the Bible and I'm telling you guys, if you've never read the Bible before, it is an AMAZING book about God and Us. I recommend reading the Living Bible and especially one that is LIFE APPLICATION. That means, that it takes Scripture, and explains it.
I was currently attending a small church here in New Castle. Through prayer (which is simply just conversations with GOD), I began to hear God's voice and feel the Holy Spirit prompting me to do some things. One was to join a team that plans the worship for Sunday services, because God was going to do a powerful thing in New Castle and with my church, but He needed some changes to be made. So he told me to join this team, which would help make the worship services more excellent and contemporary. So I joined that team. The second thing God told me to do, or rather showed me, was the way to get people to come to church. He gave me a picture in my head, of the Underground. The Underground was to be a place for young people to come and hang out. A coffee house type atmosphere with a game room and tv room. So I obeyed God. He showed me what to do and how to do it. Just like he gave a vision to Nehemiah, and helped him accomplish the task of rebuilding a wall. *Check it out..it's in the Bible in the book of Nehemiah.. GREAT STORY!!!*
So I began to gather a team of people, and shared with them God's vision, and they listened, and they believed in it! We raised money..and we had an incredible artist come in and paint the room for us...
Then, unfortunately some things happened at the church, and I felt God telling me to leave..BUT ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THOSE WHO LOVE GOD... BECAUSE..

It began with God and God used me , but after I left, God called others to come along and finish it!!! THEY DID!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO A wonderful family, and I'm sure they had lots of help, got together and finished the Underground. Last Friday they had a Grand Opening and invited me to come! I was soooooo excited to go and see what God had done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not disappointed. It was incredible, fantastic, awesome...my word can't even describe how I felt. It was a dream that came true, and I think that's the first time that has ever happened to me. My dream.. God's dream. WOW! Kids' lives are going to be changed, people are going to find Christ, because of the Underground Refuge Center!!!!!!!!! Oh man, my heart is just bursting!! Job well done Ross family and FCOG peeps!! Job well done!! SO check out these pictures. And if you have any questions about God, and how he works, or any questions about the Underground feel free to ask in an email to me. netgirly@yahoo.com God, you are amazing. I can't say it too many times. Jesus, I love you so much, for all you've done in my life, and all you do! You rock!! Peace Out! Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pictures look fantastic!!!!!!!you deserve all the credit for that project. i'm so proud of you susie and you will do it again soon ,when you have adream about something you give it your ALL god bless you for so many things, and most of all for being in my life. love you ,em.

Followers