Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Date night


Joe and I had our date night tonight! We started off at Barnes and Nobles! I have been wanting to buy some new books for about three weeks now. These are the ones I left the store with:


The e-myth revisted by Micheal Gerber. This was voted the number one book to read for a small business owner, by 500 ceos! I read the first five chapters while in B&N! It's a very, very good book so far!

The next book I bought was a classic:

How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie! It was originally written in 1931 and is still influencing people today..now that is amazing!

I also bought:


Mother Theresa in her own words..which may be my favorite purchase of the night! I've been wanting this book for a long time. I love reading quotes and stories by this extraordinary woman!

The next book was on the clearance rack, and I couldn't resist it: I can't find it's picture online but it is a huge book of lists.. I am going to post some of the lists on my blog in the coming months.

And finally I bought this book:
This book has been called the grandaddy of all motivational books! It's another oldie but goodie classic!

**********So after leaving Barnes and Noble..Joe and I went to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner.
We had never been there..we are both Outback Steakhouse fans..but we thought we'd try something new! We shared a sirloin steak with grilled shrimp, and then we each got our own potato and salad! It was AWESOME!!!! We loved our meal. The manager came up to our table and asked how everything was. I told him how much we loved our meal, and I told him that we are picky because we own our own restaurant! We started a conversation about the restaurant business and managing a restaurant! He was so nice. After about a five minute conversation, he said hang on, don't go anywhere..and he came back with two free appetizer coupons for our next visit and then said, this dinner is on me, thank you so much for coming! FREE DINNER!!!
That was just the icing on the cake for a wonderful date night! I love when little surprises like that happen! I was friendly and nice..and look what it got me! I say that all the time about customers at my restaurant too..when they have a complaint and are kind about it..or just really nice, I want to reward them. When they are mean and nasty, I won't give them anything!
So we were really excited about that! Afterwards, we stopped for a coffee and headed home! What a great night! Thanks Joe for my date and thanks Jerry for making it extra special!

No comments:

Followers