Saturday, September 13, 2008

Is there anything missing in your life?


Do you know what it is? I know what is missing in my life. I tell Joe all the time what is missing. He agrees. We know what is missing, but we don't do anything about it. I don't know if we can. No that is not true..I know that we can change it. But we don't. Why don't we? I don't know. I try but it never seems to work out. Want to know what's missing in my life? FUN. I don't have enough fun. Joe and I rarely do fun things together. For example, Joe bought a bottle of champagne to celebrate our loan getting approved. He bought it last Tuesday. We've wanted to open it every single night this week. Every night, we've been too tired to even have a glass of champagne together. We both work very hard. When we are not working we are spending time with our girls, working around the house, doing errands. The only fun thing we do is go out to eat occasionally and to be honest, that's not really fun. Joe tries to go golfing once a week. It is his fun or relaxation. I go out with my girlfriends. I do a lot of social activities, but we as a family don't have a lot of fun. You know that saying, about when you die, you are not going to say. "Oh I wish I would have worked harder.." We know that is true.. Joe and I spend too much time working and it's only going to get worse. I don't mind working..actually that's become our life. Now we say.. "Oh we will work hard for the next ten years and then we'll retire and have fun with our kids and grandkids..." HA! I know how that usually turns out....

I want to have fun now. I want to laugh and enjoy life more. I don't want it to be too late.

No comments:

Followers