Friday, August 22, 2008

Big Dreams and Following God...

I want plant a church. I want to see 1000's of people come to know Christ in my community. I want to make the name of Jesus famous. I want to baptize someone. I want to evangelize. I want to tell the whole world what Christ has done for me, and what He will do for you! I want to change the world! Those are my dreams.

Those are Big dreams,but I worship a big God! He can do anything. My mantra is "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

So I was on a path to planting a church..and this path..well it changed my life. It helped me to gain wisdom and strength and confidence. It brought me closer to God. It helped me have a stronger Faith and Trust in God. It brought me deep meaningful friendships. I wouldn't be who I am today, if I had not gone through the past few years of trying to get my church planted.

I followed God. When you follow God, you can't go wrong places. He took me there...He guided me there.. I don't know the right way to explain it, but I followed God and did what I believed He meant for me to do.

So..my church didn't get planted..but I sure tried. Was it a failure? At the time...I cried out, "why?" "I thought I could do ALL things.."
"Why didn't you let this happen..we only want to help people to come to you Lord!"

I questioned God. I put God on the back shelf. I didn't want to talk to God. I can't say I was angry with Him....but more like, I'm going to live my own life..I'm following me now..I still loved God. I still knew I needed Him. But honestly..I followed me.

I did that for a few months.. It was a dark period of my life. I was depressed and going nowhere. I sought happiness in other things. My marriage was in trouble. I was thinking about leaving. It wasn't good. I was a person that I didn't like. All my sinful ways came back to me.
I can look now and see a movie of myself then..Why didn't I see it at the time? How could I not know that it was because I seperated myself from God? I was a horrible witness for Christ : ( Life is awful without God..you only realize that when you live for Him and then you don't. It's like living a life without sunshine.

So a few months ago, I reclaimed Him again. I asked Him to come back. I asked Him for forgiveness. I was so sorry for not living for Him. I didn't know why the church plant didn't work out, but I was going to trust HIM and have Faith that He knew why! It was meant to be. I would continue to follow Him and trust and obey!
Lord I love you so much. I'm so sorry for doubting.

Friends..if something's not going right in your life, if you're not getting what you want and can't figure out why..lay it all down..surrender everything and I truly mean everything..give it all to God and let Him take you where He wants you to go. You'll know where. You'll know how. You'll know what. God will guide you if you let him steer. Trust me. AND... You'll be happier then you've ever thought possible.

So to continue...
A few months ago, I was in Maryland visiting my sister Amy. I was on the internet searching for real estate in my hometown when I came across a restaurant for sale. It's not just a restaurant. It's a landmark in New Wilmington. It's a restaurant with a little shop and apartment attached.
It was listed at a price that seemed to be a really good bargain to me. So I called Joe and asked him to go look at it. He didn't.
So I got home from Maryland. We were both working at the Neshannock Creek Inn. I said, "Joe let's go look at the Tavern." "Go call the real estate agent." He did.
We looked. We fell in love... That was in the beginning of July. I prayed. I talked to God. I asked Him to let it happen if HE wants it to happens. If it is His will, to let us get it. I sat back. I trusted. I had Faith. I didn't try to make it happen..I really didn't. I let go and let God.
Yesterday we signed an agreement. We bought the Tavern. We are going to own a much bigger restaurant and possibly a bakery/coffee shop.

I have so many dreams and plans..

Have my big dreams changed? No. I want to see a church planted. I want to see my community get on fire for Christ. I want to evangelize. I want to change the world!
Perhaps it will come later? I don't know..but for now God has given me this and I will make the best with what He gives me. I am excited and have lots of dreams and plans for this place with GOD out in front!

“Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.” Luke 8:11-15 NKJV

He knows me better then I know myself. He knows what I need to be happiest. He gives me the desires of my heart. It's like a child, who wants to eat only candy. Candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Well as a parent, you know that if you let your child eat candy all of the time, there will be consequences! That child will get sick with a bad belly ache! And if you are a child without a parent (God) and you are eating candy too much (doing what YOU want in life) then there is no doubt you either now or in the future have a belly ache, or rotting teeth, or are getting fat and have health problems (not happy!) So even though that child may cry and have a tantrum to get what he wants, because we are the loving parent, we lead him down a different path. A path filled with vegetables, and fruits and good healthy foods. They will make that child strong and healthy and ultimately happier then a life with candy.
We eat things that are bad for us, don't we? Even though it makes us feel sick afterwards, we still eat to have that temporary good feeling. We do that in life too. We do sinful things for a temporary good feeling, but down the road, they make us feel like crap! Why can't we see it?
We are children! Have a great day! SLH

No comments:

Followers